level 2 media strategist
Ackerman McQueen is looking to add a Level 2 Media Strategist with a passion for developing multi-channel marketing campaigns across paid, owned, and earned media. The Media Strategist will work across multiple account teams to serve as a trusted knowledge partner for preparing, evaluating, and engaging diverse marketing strategies to fit client needs. The ideal candidate for this role will be equal parts marketing strategist and data analyst, with a passion for exploring emerging media channels and developing creative media solutions.
This candidate will be an integral part of our Strategy team and will have the opportunity to provide business recommendations based on research and discovery. They will be able to share findings and present solutions to not only leadership within Ackerman McQueen, but also our clients as well as leverage a variety of Social Media platforms and Digital software including, Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, YouTube, AdWords, and DoubleClick. This role provides a tremendous opportunity for growth by becoming a key expert in marketing analysis, measurement, and strategy.
This position is based out of Oklahoma City, OK.
- Work directly with the Strategy team on initiatives that bridge across marketing, audience engagement, data, customer experience, and business transformation.
- Bring new ideas to the Strategy team when collaboratively working through proposals.
- Serve as a go-to resource and expert for brand and marketing strategy deployment.
- Interview stakeholders (internal and client) to identify both marketing and business objectives, plan and execute a proficient media plan to accomplish these objectives and gather key performance metrics for reporting.
- Provide tagging and analysis recommendations for new digital environments.
- Identify and communicate creative requirements for all media platforms.
- Extract, collate, and reconcile data from a variety of platforms, such as Facebook, Twitter, YouTube, Campaign Manager 360, and Google Analytics.
- Leverage data to evaluate campaign and brand performance with respect to both historical periods and identified priorities.
- Craft performance reports and take-away presentations in PowerPoint or Data Studio for both internal and client audiences that range the gamut of marketing specialists to executives.
- Help push efforts for data fluency and standardization within the organization to facilitate agency-wide, strategic initiatives.
Skills & Qualifications
Required Work Experience
- Bachelor’s Degree in Marketing, Public Relations, Business, or a related field.
- 3-5 years of experience working in an agency or marketing-related field.
Platform/Data Experience (Plan/Buy/Execute/Report):
- Doubleclick/Campaign Manager 360/Search Ads 360
- Social (Facebook/Instagram, YouTube, TikTok, Twitter, LinkedIn, Snapchat, Pinterest, etc.)
- Google Analytics
- Data Studio
- Scarborough/Prime Lingo, SQAD, MRI, Kantar, etc.
- Media Monitors
- FreeWheel Portfolio: SBMS, Adazzle
- Google Tag Manager (bonus)
- Familiarity with Campaign Manager 360.
- Experience with Social Media Analytics (Facebook, Twitter, YouTube).
- Experience analyzing data and trends for insights and recommendations.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Excel – Pivot Tables, index-Match (V-Lookup), Pivot Charts.
- Exposure to data modeling and data structures (granular, detailed reporting vs roll-up).
- Experience filtering and segmenting data to obtain insights at the right level of detail.
- Deep experience utilizing Microsoft PowerPoint (or Data Studio) to report and present findings and take-aways. Knowledge of choosing and generating appropriate visualizations to effectively convey insights.
- Strong problem-solving skills, with a constant desire to dig for root-causes.
- Ability to evaluate campaign performance into meaningful take-aways and actionable recommendations.
- Excellent communication and presentation skills.
- Passion for marketing, advertising, branding, and media.
- Avid and quick learner, who is self-motivated with a desire to take-on responsibilities and leadership opportunities.
- Ability to work effectively in a team, as well independently.
- Thrives in a fast-paced, ﬂuid environment.